HKHA P&D Section 20-21 Circular No. 2 - 1st Coaching Round Table
To: Convenors of Affiliated Clubs (Youth & Mini)
CC: HKHA Council Members
HKHA P&D Committee Members
Hong Kong Hockey Association Promotion and Development
1st Coaching Round Table
Dear Coaches and Convenors,
We would like to invite you to an informal coach education gathering on:
i) Frameworks for Development: Designing Youth Pathways and Development Models
ii) Youth League
What is a P&D coaches round table?
Part social, part educational, the P&D coaching round tables are a relaxed environment for the Hong Kong hockey coaching community to share and explore ideas around matters of hockey development in Hong Kong. Brief presentations will be made across a variety of topics over the course of the year to stimulate conversation.
Date: 6th November 2020 (Friday)
Time: 19:00 - 20:00
Location: King’s Park Conference Room
This session will involve a series of short presentations followed by Q&A and group discussions.
Presenter/Facilitator: Benjamin Chiu – Valley RFC Youth Hockey Head Coach
Frameworks for Development: Designing Player Pathways and Development Models
Presentation and open forum with a focus on generating discussion between coaches. With an aim to:
• Develop Hockey in Hong Kong
• Promote exchanges of ideas
• Foster enthusiasm for Development Coaching
• Provide opportunities of additional (coaching) Education
What the presentation will look at:
• What is a Player Pathway?
• What is a Development Model?
• Where do you start?
• What do you need?
• What would be nice to know?
Aim to open discussion on:
• Development coaching knowledge gaps
• National (Technical) direction vs Club (Technical) direction
• What would make for good development coaching education forums
If you are interested to attend this meeting, please sign up here : https://forms.gle/jW6Qpspc8F5D26s88
Promotion & Development Section
The Hong Kong Hockey Association