Umpires Courses 2012
Following are the dates of various courses for the season 2012-2013
1) 1st Umpires Refresher Course on 16 Aug. 2012 at 7:00 PM in KCC (Billy)
2) 2nd Umpires Refresher Course on 20 Aug. 2012 at 7:00 PM in HKFC (Alfred)
3) 1st Rule Talk, designed considering the needs of Women League (Open exclusively for Women Umpires, Players, TP’s, and Coaches who want to have better understating of rules) on 4 Sep. 2012 at 7:00 PM in KP (Kitty/Rinky/Dreamy/Alfred/Billy/Tony).
4) 1st Umpires Beginner Course (English) on 10 Sep. 2012 at 7:00 PM in HKFC (Alfred)
5) Workshop for Premier Umpires and MO’s on 18 Sep. 2012 at 7:00 PM in HKFC (Billy/Alfred)
6) 2nd Umpires Beginner Course (English) on 20 Sep. 2012 at 7:00 PM in KCC (Tony)
7) 3rd Umpires Beginner Course (Cantonese) on 27 Sep. 2012 at 7:00 PM in KP (Kitty)
8) 1st Joint Umpires Refresher and Beginner Course (English) on 8 Oct 2012 at 7:00 PM in HKFC (Lyle Williams)
9) Workshop for Assessors on 01 Nov. 2012 at 7:00 Pm in HKFC (Billy)
10) 1st Multi-stage Fitness Test for Umpires applied for Upgrading on 08 Nov. 2012 at 7:00 PM in HKFC (Tony/Alfred)
11) 2nd Multi-stage Fitness Test for Umpires applied for Upgrading on 15 Nov. 2012 at 7:00 PM in KP (Tony/Alfred)
a) As a requirement ALL men and women Umpires must attend a refresher course to be eligible to umpire ANY (Men's/Women's/Youth/Appointed) games.
b) All umpires applied for upgrading or wish to do so must pass a Multi-stage Fitness Test as required by the bye-laws.
Minimum passing requirement:
Age 30 and below: Level 9 for men and Level 8 for women
All other age groups: Level 7 for men and Level 6 for women
c) The beginner course will cover basic umpiring, rules and interpretation followed by a Q&A session, the session will conclude with a 30min written test. Upon passing the written test candidates will be required to complete a practical test.