Recruitment of Women’s National Coach & Development Officer
The Hong Kong Hockey Association is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the post of Women’s National Coach & Development Officer. The main duties of the post include:
1. Talent spotting, selecting, coaching and training the women’s senior and junior squads for participation in the international tournaments;
2. Coaching and training other women’s HKHA development squads to progress to senior level;
3. Developing training programs for the designated women’s squads to meet the above objectives;
4. Assisting in reviewing and formulating the women’s HKHA development programs in order to raise the standard of coaching; and
5. Conducting outreach programs for promotion and development of hockey in schools, universities and communities and identifying young talents amongst female players.
Required professional qualifications and working experience:
We invite applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Creating a challenging and competitive training and match environment to provide further development and to maximize the individual and the team performances of high level senior and junior teams.
- Personality and people management’s skills to inspire excellence individually and as a team.
- A motivator and a mentor.
- Understands that individual and team discipline are key indicators for high-level performances.
- Excellent communicator with all stakeholders
- Experience in coaching elite teams across all age groups and in a multicultural environment
- Experience in managing hockey development programs
- Holders of FIH Coaching Certificates (Level 3 or higher)
The initial term of appointment of this part time role will be two years. Interested parties should e-mail the Hong Kong Hockey Association by no later than Monday 9th November 2020 and provide a resume and an indication of the remuneration expected.