HKHAWS 21-22 Circular No. 20 - HKHAWS Open Junior Sessions
To: Convenor of Affiliated Clubs (Women’s, Youth, Mini) & School teams
Current/Past Junior Squad & Bauhinia player below 21 & registered League player below 21
Participants of Junior Hockey Promotion Scheme
Cc: HKHAWS Committee
Following the anticipated removal of certain Government restrictions, the HKHAWS is pleased to announce that it will run open HKHAWS junior trainings from Friday 22 April 2022 until Friday 27 May 2022 to female junior players. These sessions will be run by our National Women's Head Coach Mr. Arif Ali and Assistant Junior Coach Coby Lau.
The following squads will be selected at a later date (i) a national junior training squad comprised of HKSAR passport holders and (ii) two HKHAWS youth squads to compete in the women's winter league comprised of holders of HKSAR passports and/or HK ID cards.
For players interested in these opportunities, the sessions will be split into age group as set out below:
- Under 12 & Under 15
- Under 18 & Under 21
Venue: King’s Park Hockey Ground
Coaches in Charge: Mr. Arif Ali & Ms. Coby Lau
- Under 21 - HKSAR passport holders/HKID card holders born on or after 1st June 2001
- Under 18 - HKSAR passport holders/HKID card holders born on or after 1st January 2004
- Under 15 - HKSAR passport holders/HKID card holders born on or after 1st January 2007
- Under 12 - HKSAR passport holders/HKID card holders born on or after 1st January 2010
All players must have been registered in the past three years with
- the HKHA as a member of an affiliated club team; and/or
- a school hockey team competing in competitions organized by the Hong Kong School Sports Federation.
If there are eligible players in your club/school who you feel would benefit from the above please encourage them to attend as many sessions as possible.
Players need to bring their HKID cards and passports (copies accepted) and arrive at least 15 minutes before start time in order to complete registration and confirm eligibility.
In order for us to comply with Covid-19 restrictions please ensure that anyone wishing to attend:
1. completes the attached google form by 2:30pm before their first training session they attend - google form: https://forms.gle/Ztkv3WfThLYqbFov5
2. signs up for each session they wish to attend by completing the attached google form attendance sheet: https://forms.gle/fHy8fcVLNjJRi3zD6
In light of the current government restrictions due to Covid-19 the number of participants for each session will be capped. Therefore, until further notice the spaces will be allocated on a first come first serve basis according to the completed attendance sheet referred to above.
Please note that all LCSD ongoing rules relating to the resumption of sport must be strictly adhered to (including showing your vaccine pass and wearing facemasks at King’s Park) by all participants.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Hong Kong Hockey Association